As part of Oconee EMC’s commitment to our community and members, we are always diligently checking supplies and making sure we have the necessary tools to best serve our members in any situation.
Extended Power Outages
- Stay clear of downed power lines.
- Do not open freezers or refrigerators, if possible.
- Use extreme caution when using candles, kerosene and propane for lighting and heating
- Take small children, elderly and the handicapped or medically dependent to a location with electricity.
- Stock up in advance on nonperishable items, such as bottled water, canned food, batteries, flashlights, radio, etc.
- If you are relying on a generator, please advise Oconee EMC of your intentions to use it, and make sure it has been properly installed, for our safety and yours.
In case of a medical emergency, call 911.
To report an outage, call 478.676.3191. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
For information on power restoration: Powering Up After an Outage