The undersigned (hereinafter called the “Applicant”) hereby applies for membership in, and agrees to purchase electric energy from The Oconee Electric Membership Corporation (hereinafter call the “Corporation”), upon the following terms and conditions:
- The Applicant will pay the Corporation the sum of $5 which, if this application is accepted by the Corporation will constitute the Applicant’s membership fee. Applicant authorizes the Corporation to obtain an ONLINE UTILITY EXCHANGE report.
- The Applicant will, when electric energy becomes available, purchase from the Corporation all Central Station electric energy used on the premise and will pay therefore, monthly, at rates which will be fixed by the Board of Directors of the Corporation.
- The Applicant will cause his premises to be wired in accordance with wiring specifications approved by the Corporation.
- The Applicant will comply with and be bound by the provisions of the By-Laws of the Corporation, and such rules and regulations as may from time to time be adopted by the Corporation.
- $1.50 of the amount accruing to me each year is for a year’s subscription to THE LIVE WIRES.
- The Applicant hereby grants the Corporation a security interest in any security deposit required by the Corporation for electric service and a security interest in any future or after acquired capital credit of the applicant. The applicant authorizes the Corporation to file a financing statement in connection therewith. Furthermore, the Applicant grants to the Corporation the right to set off the security deposit against any debt the Applicant may owe the Corporation.
- The Corporation utilizes Sensus automatic meter reading devices. If a member is disconnected for non-payment, reconnection shall be made upon payment of past due amount and any fees associated with disconnect/reconnection. Upon the Corporation’s receipt of payment, member authorizes the Corporation to reconnect service at the earliest possible time, including but not limited to remote reconnection.
- In accordance with Oconee EMC’s Service Rules and Regulations, Section 650.4 Other Reasons for Disconnection: If a member requests a disconnection and a known party resides on the premises, then the Cooperative will provide a five-day notice of intent to disconnect to the occupant to be left at the premise.
The acceptance of this application by the Corporation shall constitute an agreement between the Applicant and the Corporation, and the contract for electric service shall continue in force from the date service is made available by the Corporation to the Applicant until such time as notice of cancellation is given to either party by the other.